Nellie"s Needles

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pinwheels

About two weeks ago Teodo of Appunti Patch weblog generously posted the pattern and instructions for a

3-D "windmill".
I have always loved pinwheels. So of course, I just had to play when I saw the instructions. Two pinwheels are made using the dimensions of 2 1/2 inches for each square that Teodo gave. The other three pinwheel's squares are cut 3 inches. I was also pleased to be able to use a few buttons from my collection. This little wall quilt was easy and fun to make.
Pinwheels - 13"x16" -2007

*All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post.
*The red highlighted text is also clickable to take you to the link or posting that is being referenced.

12 comments:

jenclair said...

So much fun, so bright and cheerful! Great little wall quilt, Nellie!

marisa said...

your pinwheels are very very nice.

Sassenach said...

It's getting harder and harder to choose which of your quilts is my favorite!

Helen said...

Very effective, especially the striped ones.

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute quilt! Thanks for the step-by-step photos.

Unknown said...

Teodo was so nice to explain it and you made good use of it. The 3D Pinweels look great. I don´t know what you intend to do with it but I bet a school or a kindergarten would be very happy to have on their walls!

Simonetta said...

Wow!!! Great job :))))

Teodo said...

Oh!!! what a great and beautiful surprise.
Thanks, a kiss. ciao ciao
is Pinweels o windmill?

Nellie's Needles said...

Teodo, we call the toy that is a "windmill on a stick handle" a pinwheel.

I can see by the response to this posting that I'm not the only one who's fond of this simple toy. :)

Judy said...

What fun! Yeah, I like the striped one and the mustard and red one best...well, I like 'em all best, come to think of it!!
Thanks for the heads up.

meggie said...

Love those bright pinwheels!
Thanks for visiting my blog, & leaving a comment.
I also really love those postcards in your previous post. The colours are so 'dreamlike' somehow.

Deb Geyer said...

They are wonderful. I want to blow on them to see them spin!