Nellie"s Needles

Friday, December 14, 2007

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I fly north today and won't have Internet access for a week. I'll be back after Christmas. In the meantime, here's a bit of holiday humor from our house.
This is the area over our kitchen sink. Lee is holding a piece of fabric to cover the daylight from the window into the courtyard. Geriatric Elvis standing under the mistletoe is his contribution. The beaded wire tree is made by my sister-in-law in Memphis. My friend, Alicia, painted the light bulbs and I thread wrapped styrofoam balls. The "sugar plum" fairy stirring a pot is my kitchen mascot. She lives in this spot and is a part of every arrangement.

I wish all of you happy holidays!

7 comments:

Lise said...

Happy holidays Nellie!! I love your geriatric Elvis. My postcard exchange group has just had a swap called "What about Elvis?" - so much fun, but none of us thought of the geriatric one!! You really made me laugh tonight.
Lise

jude said...

hey you too!

p said...

have a great trip! we will miss you in blogland!!!! merry christmas lee and nellie!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Happy holidays to you too, Nellie.

FARBTUPFER said...

Hi Nelli,
thanks for all you lovely comments and sharing your beautiful art and thought on your blog!
Wish you a aonderful christmas and ahappy new year,
hugs
Waltraud

Teodo said...

BUON NATALE MERRY CHRISTMAS
ciao ciao

arlee said...

Season's best wishes to you Sweetie!!!