Nellie"s Needles

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy December

Now that it's December I'm getting in the mood for the holidays. Go here to see me do a happy dance to welcome the season. While you're there set up a session for yourself or even your loved ones. Enjoy and have fun!
One of my traditions is making a big nest of chocolate mice. Their bodies are maraschino cherries double-dipped in chocolate. They have heads made of Hershey kisses. Slivered almonds make great ears. Drops of black gel frosting create their eyes. They're almost too cute to eat .... but, YUM!

PS: I had posted about making the mice a year ago here. There's a bit more information about the ingredients in that one.

PPS: If you cannot find stemmed cherries, pipe cleaners make cute and colorful tails. I recommend the chenille craft pipe cleaners be cut in half and cork screwed around a pencil. Then insert them into the cherry before dipping, so you have a handle for the process. The stiffened chocolate will help to cement them in place.

12 comments:

Teodo said...

Too much nice and I think to much good..........

I cannot open ELFYOURSELF .........

ciao ciao

Nellie's Needles said...

Bah Humbug! It seems that the "Elf Yourself" website is presently shut down. I hope Office Max gets it up and running again. It's a fun program that downloads your photo onto an elf's body that moves and shakes as I wish I could.

p said...

yeah i couldn't see you elfing out either...
man the chocolates look so yumalicious!!!!! you do everything with flair dont you? I'll bet whoever enters your home is overcome with creative energy and walks out a changed person :)

jenclair said...

Oh, I'm really going to try these this year...right before the grandkids come! They are adorable, Nellie.

Nellie's Needles said...

Yeah! The "elf yourself" site is back online ... and now I dance again.

Acey said...

These are completely adorable!

Anonymous said...

i love these.

Karoda said...

A dancer, a candy maker, and an elf on top of it all...I can hardly wait for the next discovery about ya! Happy December to you too!

Caron said...

Now I need chocolate!

Lise said...

The most adorable little mice I have ever seen! Hopefully I have some chocolate in the house somewhere...I need it!Happy December from Norway,
Lise

Unknown said...

LOL! You make such a wonderful Elf!

Claudia said...

Your mice are wonderful! Thanks for your advice.
Claudia