Nellie"s Needles

Monday, April 14, 2008

Caveman Quilting

Those of you who have taken Ricky Tims' Quilting Caveman Style class know that if one "Chantelle" tulip is made, there's the makings of another with the "negative" cut away pieces. Here's my second one.
This quilt was gifted to a friend for Christmas. He, my husband, and I had planted a "load" of tulips at our condo entrance that previous spring which made this a most fitting present for him. We had dug deep into the clay and conditioned the soil with "good stuff". I'm sorry to say critters have since dug up and feasted on all but a few bulbs. However, the daffodils we set at that time have multiplied and filled in to make a nice show.

Both tulip quilts have the "dancing square" technique in their borders that Ricky presents. What a difference the combinations of fabric make in the visual effect.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Both quilts are beautiful Nellie.

Joyce said...

It's beautiful. I love the borders.

McIrish Annie said...

I love those quilts! I remember when he did that technique on Simply Quilts. I really love the metal sculptures. My daffs have finally made their appearance but still waiting on the tulips.