Nellie"s Needles

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ho! Ho! Hee! Hee! Ho! Ho!

I've just celebrated the holidays with my friends in Milwaukee. All of them are of "certain age" and appreciated the humor of these gag gifts. Of course, they each got something else of a more serious nature that was created in my studio. But I sure had a giggle making these.

These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending o ver to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe


The inspiration for these came in a forwarded email from one of my friends. It went like this:

Somewhat embarrassing to admit, Christmas is tight this year.
I will be making bedroom slippers for you
all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree
that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've
included the instructions below.

How to make bedroom slippers :
You need four maxi pads to make a pair.
Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part.
The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top.
Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part.

Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most
aesthetically appealing), etc.

Of course, these are a pass it along it your friend kind of gift. I wonder how many times each pair will be regifted.

6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

LOL!! I LOVE these!! What a hoot and an absolutely perfect gag gift. Too funny.
Merry Christmas to you and yours Nellie...be happy.

Karoda said...

you are nuts! it took me down to the 3rd picture (before I read) to realize what they are made with...hehehehe,

arlee said...

What a hoot for the hoofies!!!! :}

Paula Hewitt said...

oh my! what a fun idea. have a great Christmas.

McIrish Annie said...

Hilarious! I thought they were actual slippers until I started reading the poem...

I see Kotex's stock rising as there is a run on maxi-pads! LOL

have a super holiday!

Unknown said...

this is so funny!!!!!What a hoot!