Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Artful Undergarments

I'm tickled!!! and just have to share a couple of links about making artful things out of bras. The first one is for a good cause.

The Girls Measure Up by Jackie Price
"Members of Quilters of South Carolina have created one-of-a-kind bras for Breast Cancer Awareness. The exhibit consists of forty-nine original works of art which are unique, entertaining, humorous, and beautiful to make the public aware of breast cancer, to memorialize those lost to the disease, and to honor survivors. " Go here to see all those artful bras (2 pages) and read exhibition information.

The second is a hoot ... along the lines of making those slippers from a personal hygiene product.
Bra Bag by Carol Taylor in Wales
My friends who were gifted those slippers just may get pretty bags next year. Go here to see more photos and read about Carol's making the bag pictured above. Go here to see those slippers and get instructions for making them.

2 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your work is so amazing! Ohhh the colors!!! Beautiful, unique, and often humorous! I feel your heart and soul in all of your wonderful art.

I gave out such a hoot when I saw your Presley! What an adorable sheltie. (I had to call me husband in to see her!) She reminds me a bit of Bonnie. I can see the sparks of fun in her eyes!

Gerry said...

I love this. So funny, and creative, and a great cause!!!

Thanks for the eye candy and the chuckle.