Nellie"s Needles

Friday, February 05, 2010

In the Mail

Woo Hoo! I got mail! And not just ONE gorgeously stitched and beaded butterfly postcard,
but TWO from Karen of "Threadstory"!
How did I get so privileged? Woo Hoo!

Earlier I received a beautiful lino cut hand-printed card from Libby of "The Quilted Craftsman".
That tree confined to this small space conveys a lot of wisdom and power. I'm a fan of the tree Ents as well as tree spirits that are characters in some of my favorite stories ... the Hobbits and Aragon.

I'm pleased to have these pieces that embody my friends creative energy ... energy I'm glad to have in my studio.

4 comments:

lindaschiffer said...

Huh, who'd a thunk it? IN addition to being extremely talented, you like the same mythos as I do. :)

I'm pretty sure I was an Ent in a previous 'life'. LOL

:) Linda

Libby Fife said...

I love that butterfly! Wow. Glad you received some good karma for your studio.

Judy said...

the tree lino cut is wonderful....and those butterflies! WOW: you did score!

xo

Heather said...

What treats you had in the mail Nellie. Love both the postcards and the lino-print card - anything with a tree design is OK by me.