Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Waiting"

"Waiting"- 17"x 13"

cotton, lace, wool roving, thread ravels, & tulle
oil stick pastels & colored pencils
machine quilting

Dolls.  I love dolls.  I've collected dolls.  I've restored dolls.  I've made dolls.  I've dressed dolls.  This photo of dolls delighted me.  Consequently, I didn't stray far from the original for my interpretation.

Click here to read about the process of my thinking about and making this piece.  If you've missed the other participating members creative interpretations of this challenge photo, scroll down to see them while you're there. 

5 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

Just wonderful!

Heather said...

I like your interpretation better than the original photo Nellie - it's wonderful. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you are such a talented lady!

Leona Harden said...

Is this the first time you've shown this? I kept wondering what was going to come of the picture of a table full of dolls. That is Cool!

Anonymous said...

Nellie- I absolutely LOVE this! It is just so you while also so different from what I'm use to seeing. Spectacular! Your talent is amazing.

Teodo said...

MERAVIGLIOSO (amazing).
ciao ciao