Nellie"s Needles

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rocky Mountain Gorge

Since I shared photos of the top of these mountains I'm in for three weeks, here are photos of one the many gorges between them.  This one is the St. Vrain Gorge that runs between highway 7 and Lyons, Colorado.
It's all downhill from here.  Lee didn't touch the gas peddle once.




 The St. Vrain River runs through it.
 I don't know what happened that I got this shot.  It portrays the feeling of wonder and awe of this magnificent geography.

9 comments:

p said...

beautiful....i'm so jealous it isn't even healthy.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you for sharing this wondrous place! Some unbelievable scenery and it might be time for you to not only do prairies and lakes? I can see your style working with these mountainous locations.

Riding down those mountains is never my thing, all I keep thinking is when was the last time we had our brakes checked?????

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Absolutely magnificent!

Heather said...

Wonderful unspoiled scenery which makes it very precious. You must have caught a sign from heaven in that last shot!

verobirdie said...

Beautiful shots and beautiful landscapes. I wish I were in your back seat...

Unknown said...

Im with Paula on this one....beautiful!!

Susan Elliott said...

WOW!

Karoda said...

Hi Nellie, I know this may sound like a strange question but looking at your photos, I'm struck by wanting to know what the "air" smells like...how would you describe the smell of the Rockies?

Nellie's Needles said...

Karoda, the air has a strong crisp scent of pine. It smells so good and is worth my having to take allergy meds for the effect the pollen has on me. Also, because it rains just about every afternoon the air smells clean and fresh.