Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Interpret This - August Result

"Under the Bridge" 13" x 17"

Fabric, tulle, mono filament thread,
oil stick pastels, inkjet printing

Even though my life has been hectically full for the last two months, this challenge piece had been in my mind often.  It was physically begun and finished in one day.  Go here to read about the process to create it, as well as to see all the other interpretations of this photograph submitted by Beverly of "Fiberhart"

12 comments:

Jagusia said...

Fantastic!
I'm impressed

Jagusia

Julie said...

I love it Nellie and it was great to read your process on the photo blog. You've opened my mind up to 'stretching' a photo to cover the width you need, especially when you only have an A4 printer like me :)

Heather said...

This is wonderful Nellie and you have captured the reflections perfectly. I love it.

Bar said...

Es impresionante lo hermoso de ese trabajo, ya quisiera yo hacer algo así!!

Gerry said...

Nellie, this is truly a beautiful piece. I love your interpretation!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

WOW! what a beautiful piece NEllie!
fabulous!

Mermaid's Purse said...

It's lovely and really captures the essence of the source picture!

Joyce said...

Love it! You captured the atmosphere perfectly.

Colleen Kole said...

This is really pretty- I like how soft it is just like the old buildings.

June Calender said...

It's wonderful - and your handling of the reflections is so fine!

Susan Elliott said...

Your work on this piece was inspirational Nellie. I love the revelers...the bridge is TDF...but the reflection of the building was wonderfully done. All in all it is magical to gaze upon it. So glad to be back in the swing of things. Good luck with the show...your lakes are sublime.

Diane Cransac said...

Oooh! I just love this piece. Such wonderful work!